Palliser Feature SCHOOL



Never say no

Chris Palliser, morning radio host at Virgin 107.3 never says no. Much of the success he has achieved in entertainment stems from his open-door policy when it comes to opportunities.
“There is a lot or opportunities that have come my way because I just said yes I’ll do it and the moment you start feeling like you deserve something that’s when it starts to change” says Palliser. “Work hard and don’t get ahead of yourself… an ego in this business is going to kill you.”
Victoria born and raised, Palliser’s say yes strategy lead him to many opportunities across western Canada. His early days broadcasting in Fort McMurray Alberta were full of fun behind the scenes moments.
“Were just a bunch of friends hanging out talking about stupid stuff” says Palliser.
Palliser eventually moved to Vancouver and spent 10 years at the Beat 94.5 radio in Vancouver. With his opportunistic mentality he created beneficial connections, including season tickets to the Canucks hockey team.
“I got two tickets to every home game of the Stanley cup playoffs right till game seven… and that was simply because I said yes that first time.”
Palliser moved back to Victoria, accepting his current job at Virgin radio, deciding to re-connect with his hometown community. He says keeping the focus local is something he is passionate about through his role as a public figure.
“I’m a strong believer that radio is more than just your show, that’s a huge part of it that’s how you connect, but I think how you win, how you connect, in my mind… is this one on one” says Palliser. “Getting out into the community, and meeting people, is something that I’ve always been drawn to in radio.
Palliser says that finding a career doing what he loves means he hasn’t had to do real work a day in his life.
“I’m 39 and I feel like I have avoided real work and I’m trying to avoid real work at all costs” says Palliser. “I feel really lucky that it panned lout for me, but that’s where I get my fix, is being silly… and having fun with it.”

Comments

Popular Posts